Copyright 2017 Macromonitor Pty Ltd | All Rights Reserved.
Australian Regional Construction Outlook
What is the outlook for building and construction in each of the
major regions in Australia?
Which sectors will have the greatest impact in each region?
'Australian Regional Construction Outlook' takes a closer look at all
of the regional construction markets in Australia. This report is critical
for organisations making strategic decisions and undertaking
planning on a regional basis.
The report contains five years of historical data, as well as annual
forecasts for the next five years. Data is in real work done terms
(constant prices). In the residential sector, we also provide numbers
of dwellings by region. An extensive list of tables and charts is
provided, with each construction sub-sector split by region.
Project listings are provided for each region for non-residential
building and engineering construction. Selected approvals value
data is also provided for the building sector.
The report is published twice per year.
The forecasting service is comprised of the following regions:
• New South Wales - Sydney, Capital Region, Central West,
•offs Harbour-Grafton, Far West & Orana, Hunter Valley, Newcastle &
Lake Macquarie, Illawarra, Southern Highlands & Shoalhaven, Mid North
Coast, Murray, New England & North West, Richmond-Tweed, Riverina
• Victoria - Melbourne, Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Hume,
Latrobe-Gippsland, North West, Shepparton, Warrnambool & South West
• Queensland - Brisbane, Cairns, Darling Downs-Maranoa, Fitzroy, Gold
Coast, Mackay, QLD-Outback, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Townsville,
• South Australia - Adelaide, rest of state
• Western Australia - Perth, Gascoyne, Mid West, Pilbara, rest of state
• Tasmania - Hobart, rest of state
• Northern Territory
• Australian Capital Territory
• New Houses
• New Other Dwellings
• Alterations and additions to dwellings
• Non-Residential Building by sub-sector
• Roads and Bridges
• Utilities by sub-sector (water, electricity, gas & telecoms)
• Minerals by sub-sector (oil and gas, coal, alumina/aluminium, other)
• Other Heavy Industry