Copyright 2017 Macromonitor Pty Ltd | All Rights Reserved.
Electricity, Gas & Water: Cost and Activity Forecasts 2017
What is the long term outlook for costs in Australia’s electricity, gas
and water sectors?
How strong will wage increases be, and what is the outlook for
materials costs, fuel and plant hire costs?
What cost escalation factors should be used in each sector?
What is the outlook for new construction activity in each part of the
electricity, gas & water sector, in each state, and how will this affect
the rate of cost escalation?
This report is the leading data and forecasting service for Australia’s
utilities industry. The report contains comprehensive, detailed
information not available elsewhere. It is an essential resource for all
businesses operating in the utilities sector in Australia.
This information is valuable for:
This report provides data, analysis and forecasts for the electricity, gas
& water industry covering:
• Internal analyses and projections of costs
• Use as supporting information for regulatory submissions
• All types of business planning and forecasting
• Total Construction costs
• Engineering construction costs
• Electricity, gas & water construction costs
• Electricity, gas & water sector wages
• Construction sector wages
• Wage costs by method of wage setting
Materials and other costs:
• Weighted average materials costs for each sector
• Commentary on outlook for specific materials
• Fuel costs
• Plant hire costs
Construction activity outlook:
• Ten years of forecasts for construction activity in each of the gas,
water & wastewater and electricity sectors
• Detailed breakdowns of activity by sub-sector and type of work
• Detailed lists of projects, with assumed timing of each project
Data for all variables are broken down by each state and territory
Detailed historical data and 10 years of forecasts